|https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1797
 | (0006689) eblake (manager) - 2024-02-26 19:32
 | https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1797#c6689
 |[.]inconsistent with existing practice where some implementations set it to
 |"GMT"[.]

The TZ project itself as such changed just recently GMT to UTC.
Hm, 50df7d69f3af5dbb210326b0b25257e48d11983b as of 2022-07-19
already, how time flies.  I remembered what P. Eggert said,
however

  POSIX is being revised to require this.

Ie this could be some hen and egg, and i think the standard was
right to go to UTC given GMT is no longer publically used afaik.
Therefore

 |On page 1211 line 41381 section gmtime() DESCRIPTION, change (already in CX
 |to:
 |pointer to an implementation-defined string set to "UTC" or "GMT", which
 |shall have static storage duration.</blockquote>

So i do not think that GMT should be used in any future wording.

--steffen

|(By Robert Gernhardt)

  • [Issue 8 dra... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • [Issue ... Austin Group Bug Tracker via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re:... Steffen Nurpmeso via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Geoff Clare via austin-group-l at The Open Group