Date:        Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:16:51 -0400 (EDT)
    From:        "Single UNIX Specification via austin-group-l at The Open
Group" <austin-group-l@opengroup.org>

Something I've been meaning to ask about for ages (not
exactly exciting, or I hope controversial).

Twice a week (or more sometimes) messages like this are sent out:

  | Topic: Austin Group teleconference
  | -------------------------------------------------------
  | Audio conference information
  | -------------------------------------------------------
  |
  | You are invited to a WEBEX meeting. <<<========
  |
  | Andrew Josey's Personal Room
  | https://opengroupevents.webex.com/meet/a.josey�| 668216233
  |
  | Join by video system

followed by a whole bunch of details about how to join, etc.

But nowhere in the body of the message does it say when the meeting
to which everyone is invited is to be held.   That seems kind of
lacking in an invitation.

It is in the attached calendar info, if one either adds that to a
calendar, or just reads it, but wouldn't it be nicer if it said
something like:

You are invited to a WEBEX meeting on 18-Mar-2024 at 11:00 America/New_York

(I cut/pasted the actual date & time, for this particular invitation, from
the calendar info.)

Or even better if it gave the time in UTC, so "at 15:00 UTC" - or whatever
it is this week.   Note that the calls are anchored to US Eastern time (about
which I have always wondered, most of the regular participants seem to be
outside the US, but never mind) is irrelevant for this - a particular meeting
(which is what this is about) is always at some specific UTC time, regardless
of why that particular time was chosen.

Whether the info goes on that line, or somewhere else, isn't important,
just that the date & time of the invitation gets included in the message
body, somewhere.

Could that be made to happen?

kre

  • Austin Grou... Single UNIX Specification via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Austin... Single UNIX Specification via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Austin... Single UNIX Specification via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Austin... Single UNIX Specification via austin-group-l at The Open Group
      • Re... Robert Elz via austin-group-l at The Open Group
        • ... Jonathan Wakely via austin-group-l at The Open Group