On Sun, Jul 7, 2024, at 10:40 AM, наб via austin-group-l at The Open Group
wrote:
> Gamer moment: dd iflags=fullblock is wrong actually.
>
> Somehow, between the submission in 2011 and publication in 2024,
> no-one in #406
>   https://www.austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=406
> noticed they're calling it the wrong thing.
>
> It's iflag=. "\biflag\b" appears once in a manual quote,
> so this doesn't appear to be deliberate;
> everyone just assumed it's actually iflags= when it isn't.
> The OP calls it iflags= and everyone just goes with it.
>
> This is, actually, good actually, IMO,
> because I always misremember it at iflags= anyway,
> so if I had precedent to tell padraig to make that an alias for iflag=,
> then that'd be cool and good for me, personally.
>
> But I would be remiss to not note that Issue 8 standardises
> the GNU system's, FreeBSD's, NetBSD's and the illumos gate's
> iflag=fullblock as iflags=fullblock,
> which therefore doesn't exist in /any/ implementation.
>
> Should I register an Objection-type bug on Mantis, or?

Stéphane has done this:

https://austingroupbugs.net/view.php?id=1854

--
vq

  • XCU, dd: new ifla... наб via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: XCU, dd:... наб via austin-group-l at The Open Group
    • Re: XCU, dd:... Lawrence Velázquez via austin-group-l at The Open Group