~ :CyberPsychotic> am using autoconf 1.4.1 package (shipped with
~ :CyberPsychotic> r.h. 6.0) and this macro isn't defined there, starting
~ :
~ :Can you tell me who packaged Autoconf 2.14.1 (I guess that's what you
~ :meant).

sure. it's Mandrake linux release 6.0, it's based on r.h. 6.0 package
though, so redhat might have it too.

~ :CyberPsychotic> sourceware.cygnus.com and ftp.gnu.org which used to
~ :CyberPsychotic> distribute autoconf in past and they both have the
~ :CyberPsychotic> tarballs of Jan. 16, 1999 as most recent ones. if
~ :CyberPsychotic> there was any development of autoconf package since
~ :CyberPsychotic> that time, it's definitely not the latest snapshot :)
~ :
~ :Huh?  There are beta Autoconf somewhere?
~ :

 :) I don't really understand what you mean. Most sites I checked have
autoconf 2.13 version. However on some linux distributions which have
autoconf packages, autoconf --version gives various 2.14.* stuff :)