Seeing as how Akim wants DJGPP to pass the testsuite, I figure it would be a
good idea report my initial results using DJGPP and Autoconf from CVS.

After setting some environment variables (CC, etc.) and correcting a DJGPP
specific bug in Bash 2.04, the test went well with one minor and one major
exception.

The test for AC_PATH_XTRA in macros.m4 did fail, but it better since DJGPP
doesn't use X Windows. Either the test should be fixed somehow or this
expected failure should be mentioned in the docs.

But there was a failure in tools.m4 that I couldn't figure out the cause of.
The test is this one:

# 1. Check that `acconfig.h' is still honored.
AT_DATA(configure.in,
[[AC_INIT
AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(config.h)
AC_DEFINE(this, "whatever you want.")
]])

The traceback looks like this (excuse the odd line wrapping):
sh-2.04$ sh ./debug-95.sh -v -x

=================================
./debug-95.sh: Testing autoheader
=================================

cat > acconfig.h <<'EOF'
+ cat

# 1. Check that `acconfig.h' is still honored.

cat > configure.in <<'EOF'
+ cat

$at_traceoff
+ set +vx
./tools.m4:97: testing...
../autoheader -m .. -<configure.in
+ ../autoheader -m .. -
../autoheader.: c:/djgpp/tmp/ah14210/traces.sh: line 1: syntax error near
unexpe
cted token `AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(c'
../autoheader.: c:/djgpp/tmp/ah14210/traces.sh: line 1:
`m4trace:c:/djgpp/tmp/ac
14214/stdin:2: -1- AC_CONFIG_HEADERS(config.h)'
autoheader.: error: AC_CONFIG_HEADERS not found in -
at_status=$?
+ at_status=1
if test $at_status != 0; then
  test -n "$at_verbose" && cat stderr >&6
  exit $at_status
fi
+ test 1 '!=' 0
+ test -n 1
+ cat stderr
c:/djgpp/bin/cat.exe: stderr: No such file or directory (ENOENT)
+ exit 1
sh-2.04$