On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Taylor, ForrestX wrote:

> Alexander Macdonald wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I've currently got automount setup so that i can cd into a directory
> > like /mnt/someplace and someplace will be automatically created and
> > mounted... it would be quite usefull if that directory was allways
> > visible so that i could browse to it in gui applications... how do i do
> > that?
>
> If you want it visible all the time, use /etc/fstab, not autofs.  Work
> is being done on leaving the directory structure before actually
> mounting it, but it is not finished yet.

Umm ...

Beg to disagree.

The autofs4-2.4 module build kit or the patches contained in it or the
patches contained in autofs-4.1.0-beta3 can give you this for some of the
maps. NIS, LDAP and file maps work at the moment.

I's in the expected place on kernel.org.

--

   ,-._|\    Ian Kent
  /      \   Perth, Western Australia