"Max Harvest" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Hello everybody,
>
> since i'm using the automount 5, i'm confronted with a very strange
> behaviour. I use it to mount user directories over nfs. The automounter

Are you saying that you did not experience this problem with autofs v4?

> maps are provided by NIS und users ususally have to login only into
> client computers remotely using rsh or ssh. Now i encounter the following
> missbehaviour:
>
> At the init, automounter seems to start propperly, but if someone logins
> over the network into the client machine, the automounter ignores all
> mount requests (i.e. there is no automounter activity at all). Even a

This is probably because there is no lookup performed (meaning it never
gets to autofs).  What errors are displayed in the ssh session when a
user logs in?  Is there anything in /var/log/secure or /var/log/messages
that may indicate a problem elsewhere?

-Jeff