On Wed, 2008-06-11 at 10:10 -0400, Jeff Moyer wrote:
> Piete Brooks <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > I've not managed to get a useful backtrace from the core dumps I get, but
> > is
> > there a known problem with the recent (6 .. 9) Fedora RPMs?
> > We use recursive mounts, but I think I've seen it when they aren't being
> > used.
> > Basically a core dump appears in / and some part of the automount space
> > stops
> > working (but other bits still work).
> >
> > Under Fedora Core 6 (autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.33) it happened to just one
> > research
> > group (who do things differently from everyone else), but as of Fedora 9
> > (autofs-5.0.3-15) it appears to happen to others (e.g. me!).
> > It's intermittent (e.g. about once per day)
> >
> > Has anyone come across such a problem?

There have been a few over time but autofs-5.0.1-0.rc3.33 is way old
now. I'd recommend building a later source rpm to start with.

It is unlikely the above problems are the same.
A later package revision and more info is needed.

> If you are using ldap for your maps, then yes, and upgrading openssl
> will fix your problems.  If not, then I'll have to defer to Ian on this.

But of course we've seen a recent problem on f9, not specifically autofs
though. Should be an update out for that soon though.

Ian