Hi Ian,

Ian Kent wrote:

> One thing that is interesting is that the autofs4 kernel module doesn't
> do an uninterruptible sleep "anywhere". It hasn't since long before
> 2.6.24. So if user space can't recover by doing a control-c (maybe even
> a couple of times) then it's possibly not actually autofs.

Well, when I tried to umount it manually (with options -f -l -i) stopped
indefinitely when doing a readlink on the mount point itself and never
returned from its own account.

I was able to CTRL-C this one but not getting the mount point removed. A
nasty side effect was that df never returned either.

I did a bit more log reading and it seems that the node got a mount as
well as a umount request yesterday evening and from the nodes
perspective everything looked fine.

In the end I guess this falls into the category of: Hopefully it won't
happen again too soon ;)

If you come up with an idea, please let me know. I'll stay on the list,
reading quietly.

Cheers

Carsten