Hi Ian,

I just found out that when using DNS RRs to find a suitable ldapserver to connect to, we do not handle correctly the situation where the multiple servers are found. We end up with something like this:

automount[2712]: find_server: trying server uri ldap://dccorka.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dclisaa.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcdub1.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcduba.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcdubb.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcpra1.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcsjc1.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcsjca.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dcwro1.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389 ldap://dccork1.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389

Looking at the source code, this uri does not look valid to me.
Ok "man auto.master" says that LDAP_URI might contain "A space seperated list of server uris of the form <proto>://<server>[/]", but ldap_initialize() does not look like it actually supports this - a single server is assumed instead.

Can you clarify this?

In my case above, if connection to ldap://dccorka.dublin.ad.s3group.com:389
fails, autofs never tries the other servers in the list.

Many thanks & happy new year!

Ondrej

The information contained in this e-mail and in any attachments is confidential
and is designated solely for the attention of the intended recipient(s). If you
are not an intended recipient, you must not use, disclose, copy, distribute or
retain this e-mail or any part thereof. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete all copies of this
e-mail from your computer system(s).
Please direct any additional queries to: communicati...@s3group.com.
Thank You.
Silicon and Software Systems Limited. Registered in Ireland no. 378073.
Registered Office: Whelan House, South County Business Park, Leopardstown,
Dublin 18