On 01/24/2012 10:43 PM, Bruce Korb wrote:

> The intention was to make it conditional on whether or not it was
> found on the build system.  If it is there, use it and skip building
> the one glued in. If you always want it built, then you can also
> arrange to always have the condition be true.

Hi,
 As I understand Simon was referring to the 'make dist' time where each
directory in the source, being built or not, is traversed and the
Makefile is used to pack it. Since libopt doesn't have one (because
autogen is included in the development system) 'make dist' fails. Thus a
makefile in libopts/ might be needed even if it is not built. Disabling
its build on the other hand can be simply done by conditionally
including it in the SUBDIRS (as it is done now).

regards,
Nikos