"Gabor Z. Papp" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> * Akim Demaille:
>
> | ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS = -I dir
>
> Not ACLOCAL_FLAGS?

No.  Set ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS in your Makefile.am.

> Just trying install gimp from cvs. Installed latest automake
> cvs before. Export ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS, and gimp's autogen.sh
> complains about m4 files, and suggest using ACLOCAL_FLAGS. I
> unset _AMFLAGS, and set _FLAGS, and it seems, that works.
>
> [the problem was, that glib,gtk,gettext's m4 files was
> installed in /usr/local/share/aclocal and automake was
> installed in /usr/share/aclocal]

Aha.  That's different.  The gtk/gimp/gnome autogen.sh files don't
know about the Makefile variable ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS.  Also,
ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS is not meant to handle your situation, I think.
That's partly why you need to set the ACLOCAL_FLAGS environment
variable.

- Hari
--
Raja R Harinath ------------------------------ [EMAIL PROTECTED]