>>> "Eric" == Eric Dorland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

[...]

 Eric> I've packaged automake-1.6, and the versioned binaries and
 Eric> directories were a big help. But I'm a bit confused why the info files
 Eric> are not versioned as well. Was this intentional, or were they
 Eric> forgotten about?

I believe it was not intentional, but simply that nobody really
cares.  The `*-1.6' binaries are here to help the people doing
the transition to Automake 1.7 when it come out; not to help
people stick to Automake 1.6 ad vitam aeternam.  So it doesn't
make much sense documenting them.

[...]

 Eric> Because right now I either have to split them out into
 Eric> their own tiny package, or hack them myself to make them
 Eric> versioned. Any ideas?

What about renaming the info files from the old versions?

--
Alexandre Duret-Lutz