On May 26, 2004, Albert Chin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Sun, May 23, 2004 at 03:20:35PM -0500, Bob Friesenhahn wrote:

>> Notice that there is no means provided to add libtool specific
>> options.

> Why not:
>   AM_CXXFLAGS += [your additions]

Because that's also passed to non-libtool compilations?

I've often wanted some means to pass additional flags to libtool
compile and/or link commands without affecting non-libtool
compile and/or link.  My favorite example is -static, that has
a somewhat different meaning when it comes to libtool.

Red Hat Compiler Engineer   [EMAIL PROTECTED], gcc.gnu.org}
Free Software Evangelist  [EMAIL PROTECTED], gnu.org}