Hi,

Can I somehow make Avahi to resolve "myhost" the same as if I typed
"myhost.local"?

RFC 6762 Multicast DNS seems to be hinting at such possibility:

   It is unimportant whether a name ending with ".local." occurred
   because the user explicitly typed in a fully qualified domain name
   ending in ".local.", or because the user entered an unqualified
   domain name and the host software appended the suffix ".local."
   because that suffix appears in the user's search list.  The ".local."
   suffix could appear in the search list because the user manually
   configured it, or because it was received via DHCP [RFC2132] or via
   any other mechanism for configuring the DNS search list.

What I've tried so far:

* using "mdns4" instead of "mdns4_minimal" in /etc/nsswitch.conf
* adding "search local" to my /etc/resolv.conf
* setting "domain-name=local" and "browse-domains=local" in
/etc/avahi/avahi-daemon.conf

Kind Regards,
Blazej