Hello,

I'm new to the mailing list and have been digging around in the code of avahi
for the last couple of days to figure out how it would be possible that the
server would post a AVAHI_BROWSER_NEW event when an IP address change has been
detected.
I work in Niko, which is a Belgian company that mainly focusses on domotica
applications.
We use avahi in our product to detect what the devices are on the network. We
use the client resolve_callback function in order to do this and this works
find however we do have a problem that we don't get a trigger when there is an
IP address change because of a reboot of the DHCP server or some other reason.
Because of this we lose connection with our devices and other then a full
reboot there is no way of solving that.
I've been concentrating on the 0.7 release since that is the one that we are
using. I've found out that the avahi cache does detect a change of IP address
and that it even cleans up the old address. So it was a bit surprising to see
that this doesn't lead to an event towards the client (like an
AVAHI_BROWSER_NEW). As far as I can tell only new PTR records seem to lead to
an actual event that triggers the client. So my question is, if I would like to
create a custom version where address changes do lead to AVAHI_BROWER_NEW
events, how would be the best way to go about and do this?

regards,
Gert Willems