Hi folks,

I'd like to bring the following pull request to your attention:

 https://github.com/avocado-framework/avocado/pull/996

It's titled "Safe Loader: a second, more abstract and reusable
implementation [v0]", but the most interesting things about it
are:

* It contains the foundations to find other types of Python based
tests, including standard unittests

* It includes a (contrib) script that can be used in conjunction
with the "external runner" feature and allows Avocado to run
unittests *right now*, including its own tests.

Being self testable was one of the original goals of Avocado. While
this makes *me* quite happy, I believe matters to the whole community
of users and developers because it will bring:

* Increase of test scope, and thus quality, by being self testable

* Wider range of test that will be able to be run directly by Avocado

Imagine being able to combine in a single "acceptance job" your own
unittests, custom tests written in any language (aka SIMPLE tests)
and even virtualization (Avocado-VT) tests. Then benefit from all
of the niceties of the Avocado test runner for all of them.

So, hang tight, because that's where we're headed to.

Cheers,
Cleber Rosa.