On 01/12/2017 12:48 PM, Ademar Reis wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 12:26:09PM -0200, Cleber Rosa wrote:
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> While working on "Check/Work around PIP upload failures"[1], I noticed
>> that the "http://pythonhosted.org/avocado-framework"; URL is ours, and
>> PyPI let us host documentation there.
>>
>> Instead of a 404, let's also upload the latest released docs[2] together
>> with the released (code) tarball to PyPI.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> Hi Cleber.
>
> Duplicating content on the web is not a good practice and will
> hurt our search engine ranking.
>
> Instead, I recommend a temporary redirection (302 or 307).

Haven't thought of that.  Indeed a 302 is better than a 404, which was
my ultimate goal.

The problem is that since we can only upload static pages, we're left
with HTML meta tags and/or JavaScript to do the redirection... not as
clean as a proper server side response.  But this is what we have to
work with, so this is what we ought to use.

I'll experiment with that.  Thanks for the suggestion!
- Cleber.