Part of the Avogadro 1.1 release is significantly improved crystallography
support, in large part because of work by David Lonie.

I'd like to make this even clearer by including a crystal library like the
fragments library, e.g.:

crystals/
 elements/
 oxides/
 sulfides/
 ice.cif
…

I'm gathering a good number myself, but I'm open to suggestions. I'd like to
have fairly good coverage of basic structure types (e.g., NaCl, CsCl, anatase,
rutile…) and common materials (e.g., quartz, Al2O3, GaAs, etc.)

It might be nice to throw in "interesting" materials like the YBCO
superconductor if there's a freely-distributable CIF available.

Suggestions?
-Geoff

---
Prof. Geoffrey Hutchison