Hi all,

I'm trying to find a way to implement a limited version of interactive
IK (object is a divider that folds accordion style, with the hinges of
the panels rotating through 180 degrees (alternating clockwise/
counterclockwise) on the Y axis ONLY).

So I don't really need a full IK system, just a way to parent
draggable 3D objects that will "follow" each other, with their pivots
constrained to rotate around Y only.

Ideally I'd like to make this so that the user can click and drag any
of the "panels", making that one the target of the IK chain(s)
dynamically.

Does this even seem like something that could be accomplished using
Away3D 3.6?
(I need to make this work for FP10 and cannot wait for any new
capabilities that might be available in FP11/Broomstick).

I've located a couple of experiments people have done with IK, (though
some of them were using Papervision,) so it looks like it should be
possible, but information seems to be rather sparse on this topic (at
least through the Google searches I have done so far.)

Also, if anybody has any good web resources that might point me down a
promising path of inquiry, any source code examples of solutions or
even partial solutions that might apply...any help is appreciated!

Frank