On Wed, Oct 15, 2008 at 1:59 PM, Gregor Best <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:48:18 +0200
> Julien Danjou <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Yes, it should use your wallpaper.
>> For sprites, it does not seems like garbage, it seems that you've set
>> a wallpaper with 2 differents tools and awesome uses the wrong one
>> to simulate transparency.

Mhh, well then perhaps an option to have the background as a solid
color would be helpful (the original space invaders had a black
background if I remember correctly), I'll take a look at the code and
see if I can add this myself.

> Also, there might be problems if the application you use for setting
> wallpapers
> just overlays the root window with another one, because if you start Invaders
> on top of other windows, your screen background will show through around the
> sprites. If no real screen background is set, maybe Awesome tries to grab the
> root windows background but receives garbage.

Interesting. I use a custom made application to set my wallpaper, and
I do not overlay a window, I simply load a pixmap, set it as the
back_pixmap of the root window, and set the _XROOTMAP_ID property.
This works well with everyting (including awesome) but for some reason
not for space invaders? On the other hand, I can confirm I am only
setting my wallpaper ONCE (I only use pink wallpapers on my laptop ;)
), and the background of the sprites DOES look like garbage to me, or
perhaps the XOR of some value with my wallpaper.

> On the keys-don't-work thingie, did you start invaders with the lua prompt? In
> that case, there's already a keygrabber running which prevents Invaders from
> grabbing the keyboard.
>
>        Gregor

yes, I did start invaders through the lua prompt, using a keybinding
the problem is not there.

Thanks,