Gregor Best wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 09, 2009 at 10:53:52AM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:
>
> Where exactly is that endless loop? I can't seem to find it. And
> frankly said, if you use looping tables for your widgets, you shouldn't
> be surprised :P

"You get what you deserve".. ok, you win

> Making widgets invisible is quite nice e.g. for laptops. You'd need some
> widgets, for example UMTS signal strength, only while the laptop is
> mobile, so you can simply hide that widget while it is on AC instead of
> doing tricks with two widget tables or something the like.

You win again.

>> [...]
>>> +function flex(bounds, widgets, screen)
>> [..]
>>> +    nelements = (nelements == 0) and 1 or nelements
>> I read this twice and then thought:
>>  if nelements == 0 then nelements = 1 end
>> [...]
>
> It keeps consistence with the functions in e.g. awful.util. Those also
> use
>     foo = foo or 1
> instead of
>     if not foo then foo = 1 end

 foo = foo or 1
 nelements = (nelements == 0) and 1 or nelements

Are you really comparing the two? Well..

> IMHO it's a matter of taste

..you win again.

> Thanks a lot for your time :)

Rechnung kommt! :P

Uli
- --
"Do you know that books smell like nutmeg or some spice from a foreign land?"
                                                  -- Faber in Fahrenheit 451