So awesome's fullscreen disallows other windows poping up on top of it.
This is very much unusual in the window manager world, and it seems just
about everything else does not behave this way. In most things, when a
popup comes up and you have a fullscreen window, it allows that popup in
front since it has focus.

After a fair bit of thought, I think this is the right and most
consistent behaviour:
 - Modal popups (ones that block the parent window) work properly
 - http://standards.freedesktop.org/wm-spec/wm-spec-latest.html#STACKINGORDER
   says thet it's okay to: "choose to put some windows in different
   stacking positions, for example to allow the user to bring currently a
   active window to the top and return it back when the window looses
   focus. "
 - Some of my art apps (MyPaint, GIMP) expect this behaviour. They like
   to run fullscreen, and have binds to bring dialogs up temporarily.
   Then, when the dialog has let the user choose a colour or whatever,
   it goes back below.
 - It's somewhat confusing to have windows not appear when you expect
   them.
 - Focussing rules get a bit sloppy with this, as the window that
   focusses on spawn either goes behind still focussed or loses focus
   unexpectedly.

Sorry if this has been fixed in a newer version already, but if it
hasn't... what do you folks think?
--
Andrei Thorp, Developer: Xandros Corp. (http://www.xandros.com)