On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 2:23 AM, Uli Schlachter <psyc...@znc.in> wrote:
> On 05.02.2012 22:30, Anurag Priyam wrote:
>> This was discussed sometime back on the users list:
>> http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.comp.window-managers.awesome/7290. I
>> wonder if it would be of general interest.
>
> He, almost a year old :-)

Yeah. I remembered since I had posted to that thread :).

[...]
>> +do
>> +    -- iteration state
>> +    local i = 0
>
> I don't think I like this. Couldn't you lookup client.focus in the list of
> marked clients and cycle based on that?

That would indeed be better. In fact, the code snippet I had posted in
the previous (year old) thread starts iteration from the currently
focused client :-|.

[...]
> This also raises the question of "what exactly is marking a client supposed to
> do?". From the existing code it looks like one is supposed to mark a couple of
> clients and then do something with all of them at once.

I realized this much later.

[...]
> Cycling through marked clients doesn't really fit into that use IMHO. This
> would
> then just reimplement tags, wouldn't it?

Right. I probably developed this workflow because I never figured how
to use tags effectively (I don't use tags now). Let's scrap this patch
then. It might encourage incorrect practice.

--
Anurag Priyam