On Sun, Mar 11, 2012 at 10:57 PM, Alexander Yakushev
<yakushev.a...@gmail.com> wrote:
> When a menu keygrabbing feature is turned on (which now is by default) then
> the keygrabbing works until an action which menu item performs finishes.

Something like: you launch Firefox, but Firefox takes some time to
launch, so until Firefox is launched the keygrabber is still active?
My guess is that it should be easy to fix.

> It means that if I, for instance, I create a menu item to run prompt (like
> Modkey-R) it won't work because menu keygrabber is still active. And as far
> as I understand this keygrabbing doesn't stop when the action is started
> performing, but rather after the action is stopped.

Has it something to do with your menubar extension?  I had a feeling
that if you try to 'embed' prompt in an always-on-keygrabber menu might
cause issues.  I might have a workaround for it, but I will need to
check out your menubar code first and toy around a bit, which I can't
at the moment because of recent issues with my stupid college proxy
which blocks everything except 80 and 443.  Also, I am a little
strapped for time at the
moment.

> Is there a way to fix this? Perhaps stop the menu keygrabbing as soon as the
> item is clicked?

I need to understand the issue better and experiment a bit.  If it is
not urgent, I would like to postpone it till the coming weekend.

--
Anurag Priyam