On Mon, Mar 26, 2012 at 04:21:08PM +0200, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> Here you will always have a table with x, y, width and height as the argument
> this signal, however...
>
> [...]
>
> ...here you check if the argument is nil, which will never be the case.

client_resize() always pushes a table as an argument to its
property::geometry signal.  client_manage() also emits a
property::geometry signal, but with no argument.

The check for nil here is so that clients' stored floating geometries
are initialized on the first signal from client_resize(), not from
client_manage().  This is because the client's geometry at the time of
that first signal from client_manage() doesn't include the border and
titlebar.

> Since this code only cares about c:geometry(), why doesn't it use
> property::geometry instead of property::border_width? Shouldn't that solve the
> problem, too?

I agree.  That's why I got rid of the property::border_width stuff and
replaced it with property::geometry.  ;)