Hi,

On 06.05.2012 19:25, Alexander Yakushev wrote:
> Seems like the recent changes to Menubar and/or recent keygrabber fixes
> introduced a bug (#993) that I can't reproduce/understand with my
> current build. Could you please suspend on pushing Menubar-related
> patches until tomorrow, so I can find out what's going on? Thank you.

Sounds like all menubar-related patches where just NAK'd. :-)

Let's take a look at where this bug might be coming from:

Since the bug was reported before then, this can't be due to the two commits
that I just pushed (1730d4f1ea0b85 "Menubar: Add shell completion to menubar"
and b246e87b1acb84 "Menubar: 'Exec: ' item addition to the end").

Yesterday we had:

- d121d943660 Menubar: Match for command names as well.
  This only touches the code generating the list of suggestions, so shouldn't
  be the reason.
- 6809f6afcf566668 Menubar: Cleanup the environment grabbing
  Nah
- 390136941071a  no keygrabber in menubar needed
  Now we are reaching some old stuff. However, this could have hidden this
  problem earlier? Someone else's keygrabber was stopped here which is no
  longer possible now.

Out of curiosity: anyone out there who can reproduce?

> By the way the 1k bug is approaching. Any ideas for the 'get'? :-)

I bet it will be something stupid. Like me breaking setslave() by forgetting a
"c."

Uli

--
A learning experience is one of those things that say,
'You know that thing you just did? Don't do that.'