Hello,

On 10/01/13 04:46:50 +0100, Uli Schlachter wrote:
> On 10.01.2013 01:32, Ignas Anikevičius wrote:
> > One is about the issue of systray making awesome crash if user's rc.lua
> > is invalid. This was brought up by Manuel Kasser. I commented the
> > systray out with some commentary why it is done.
>
> Hm. Everyone who just uses the default config will hate you for this. Unless
> we
> don't come up with a better fix, I'd just go with the attached patch which
> remove the multiple-systray-check. People who add more than one systray to
> their
> wibox deserve what they get anyway.
>
> What do you think? What do others think? Can we get some good ideas, please?

I think it's a much better idea actually. It's just the thing is I don't
know how the fallback mechanism in Awesome works and whether the modules
are loaded again when the user rc.lua is invalid and the
/etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua is read from the top. If my logic is correct
here, this check in the module might not work.

Am I thinking wrong?

Cheers,

Ignas