Hi,

I'm using awesome on a debian testing system running on a Dell D430
notebook (intel integrated graphics 945GM) using the intel graphics
driver.  However, the following problems also occur in a similar way on
a debian testing running on a Asrock ION nettop (nvidia ION graphics)
which uses nvidia's closes source driver.

The problem is that while changing screen resolutions/setup with xrandr
the xserver crashes often (but not always).  It appeared for the first
time after upgrading from awesome 3.3 to 3.4.  Before that, switching
screens setups was rock-stable.

For example, after connecting the suspended machine to a docking station
with a DVI monitor and waking up the command

xrandr --output DVI1 --auto --output LVDS1 --off

might fail.

This problem seems to be specific to awesome, as it never occurs with
xfce or gnome.

I did not find any bug reports related to this problem so I wonder
whether I am the only one having this issue.  Any ideas?  What would be
a good way to debug a crash of awesome?

Thanks,
Christoph