El Wed, 12 May 2010 12:59:52 +0200
Johannes Kimmel <johannes.kim...@gmx.de> escribió:

> you can do this by changing the rules in your awesome rc.

>      { rule = { },
>        properties = { border_width = beautiful.border_width,
>                       border_color = beautiful.border_normal,
>                       focus = true,

I've tried setting the focus to false, but the new windows still appear
over the others, unfocused.

If I add lower = true, every window appears below the others, and this
is not what I want, because it puts lower even the dialog windows, of
Icecat per example.

I want the new windows appear below the active/focused window... but
if a dialog box or a window is a child of the active window it should
appear over it.

Thanks!

Regards

--