I'm pretty sure I saw something like this somewhere, but I can't find it for
the life of me, so here it is:

How do I make windows in some layouts always stay on the same place and at
the same size? For example, I want xterm to always be placed to the left in
a tiled layout screen, xmms to the right and xchat on the bottom, but
significantly larger than all other windows, no matter the order I open them
in.

(This is not a real case scenario, just an example.)

This could work either by manually setting it all in a config file or,
preferably, if I just resize/move to my liking and then have it keep that as
default.