I've got a couple of stickey clients (like GKrellM and Psi's roster)
that are shown on every tag:

    { rule = { name = "gkrellm" },
      properties = { border_width = 0,
                     skip_taskbar = true,
                     sticky = true,
                     floating = true } },
    { rule = { name = "^Psi$" },
      properties = { border_width = 0,
                     skip_taskbar = true,
                     sticky = true,
                     floating = true } },

But I'm also using awful.autofocus, and it is always GKrellm or the
Psi roster that has the focus when I switch tags, and I'm finding that
annoying. What I've found is that this small patch to focus.filter in
awful/client.lua seems to fix the problem for me, and also seems to be
reasonable also.

--- client.lua-orig     2011-04-30 20:17:25.000000000 -0500
+++ client.lua  2011-04-30 20:17:02.000000000 -0500
@@ -114,6 +114,7 @@
     if c.type == "desktop"
         or c.type == "dock"
         or c.type == "splash"
+        or c.skip_taskbar
         or not c.focusable then
         return nil
     end

That if the client isn't using the taskbar, it shouldn't be in the
focus history either.

What are other's thoughts? I thought I'd ask here before creating a
Flyspray task.


-- 
To unsubscribe, send mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to