On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 06:56, David Henderson
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On 05/05/2011 08:49 AM, Kelly Clowers wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 5, 2011 at 05:41, David Henderson
>> <[email protected]>  wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi everyone, I stumbled across awesome while looking for a lightweight
>>> window manager.  While at the website I looked for anything DirectFB
>>> related, but couldn't find anything.  Does anyone know if this WM will
>>> work
>>> with DFB?
>>
>> Nope, XCB only around these parts.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Kelly Clowers
>>
> Forgive me for my ignorance as I've never heard of XCB, but by using it do I
> still need X11 or SmallX?  One of the reasons I was looking for directFB
> software was that it was the only "middleman" between a command prompt
> (80x24) and a graphical app (e.g. mplayer).

Oh, sorry for the confusion, XCB (X (protocol) C (language) Binding) is just
the new API to replace Xlib. It is still X11.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers

--
To unsubscribe, send mail to [email protected].

Reply via email to