On Fri, May 6, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Gabriel Chavez <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can you please refer me to a tutorial or something? I've been trying
> to do this but so far I always end up with the same tags in every
> monitor.
>
the _same_ tags or tags with the same name? From the default rc.lua:
tags = {}
for s = 1, screen.count() do
-- Each screen has its own tag table.
tags[s] = awful.tag({ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 }, s, layouts[1])
end
this is elegant but perhaps not clear, it is creating a table of tags
with names 1-9 for each screen. So if you have this then you infact
have different tags:
tags[1][1] ~= tags[2][1]
make sense?
I suspect your tag configuration is creating two sets of tags with the
same names.
If you want tags to have differnet names or behaviros depending on the
screen then you just have to code that behavior in...
I think something like,
tconfig = {{1, 2, 3, 4}, {5, 6, 7, 8}}
for s = 1, screen.count() do
-- Each screen has its own tag table.
tags[s] = awful.tag(tconfig[s], s, layouts[1])
end
would give you a start...
--
perry
--
To unsubscribe, send mail to [email protected].