> I have one issue with awesome that really annoys me. I am working inside a VM
> (with a Win 7 host).
>
> When I switch from the guest to the host (the size of the guest changes),
> awesome redraws and switch to tag 1 automatically.

What exactly do you mean by redraw? It could be that awesome is
getting restarted (not redrawn). There is (was?) this bug in awesome
that causes it to restart if the screen resolution changes. Older
versions of awesome would always return to the first tag on a restart.
That (or something related) _could_ be your problem. What version of
awesome are you using?

--
Anurag Priyam
http://about.me/yeban/