Man, I am sorry for the offtopic but thanks for the "cd -", it is just incredible! That's how you get to know the shell stuff, hanging on the awesome mail list...

Oh, by the way, you can try using Modkey+Tab. It does kinda the thing you described with the only difference - if you have more than one client on the tag, then when you get back to that tag with Modkey+Tab the other client would be focused. I don't quite understand why it works in that way, but you know, just keep only one client on each tag and it will be ok. Hope this helps for now until someone smarter than me will provide the real solution.

Regards,
Alexander