On 03/01/2012 09:05 AM, Levent S.B. wrote:
Hi Hartmut,
first of all, thanks for your reply! I guess i have to save the „runeonce“ code as a new library in /usr/share/awesome/lib? I did this, added the code you provided at the end of my rc.lua but got no effect save the tags in the panel appeared twice.
Sorry if i seem a bit clumsy, maybe i am missing something essential here.

Is it necessary to install gnome if i want to run the applet?

Thank you,
Levent
Hello Levent,

Which version of Awesome do you use? Tags appearing twice actually mean that Awesome tried to load your ~/.config/awesome/rc.lua, failed midway and then loaded /etc/xdg/awesome/rc.lua as a fallback. If your Awesome version is 3.4.11 then you should see a red box in the right top informing you what actually crashed. You can also look for errors in the file ~/.xsession-errors.

That was just FYI. I don't think adding "runonce" module to Awesome would fix your problem. And I am pretty much not sure what you can with NM but to suggest trying wicd. Wicd is better then NM because it works like a daemon (so the X session is not required for it to work - you'll have your connection as soon as system loads) and has different clients to manage it (wicd-curses - terminal client, wicd-gtk - GUI one). You'll find the daemon and clients in the Ubuntu repository.

Keep us informed about your progress,

Best regards,
Alexander