> > On 30.05.2012 05:08, quanta wrote:
> >> GNOME Terminator has its own option (`-m`) to maximize the window.
> >>
> >> I've tried both way:
> >>
> >> 1. set `terminal = "terminator" combined with:
> >>
> >>      { rule = { class = "Terminator" },
> >>        properties = {
> >>                       floating = true, maximized_horizontal = true,
> >> maximized_vertical = true } },
> >>
> >> 2. specify `terminal = "terminator -m"` and removed the maximized_*
> >> properties in 'Terminator' class
> >>
> >> but I cannot get Terminator maximized on startup.
> >> I have to press `Mod4 + m` several times.

I realize this is not super helpful, but the rule you gave works fine
for me (awesome 3.4.9).  "terminator -m" does not though.  It sounds
like you have something overriding its maximized state.  When you
start Terminator up with the rule in 1., does the window not get the
floating icon in the task list?

Since awful.rules.rules are processed in order, maybe something lower
down in the list is matching and setting it to be non-maximized.

Also, it seems that Terminator sets two WM_CLASSes, a pretty obvious
check but have you tried both?  (Only the second one works for me
though.)

$ xprop | grep WM_CLASS
WM_CLASS(STRING) = "terminator", "Terminator"

HTH,
Bryan