On 13.06.2012 10:18, Leo L. Schwab wrote:
        I just installed Awesome 3.4.12 from Debian unstable, and noted an
unfortunate change in behavior.

        In 3.4.11, when you changed tags, the window that was focused was,
in general, the window with that tag that last had focus.  That is, I could
switch away from a shell window in tag 1 to tag 4, fiddle with the Web
browser there, then switch back to tag 1, and the shell window I was using
would get the focus again.

        Now, whenever I change tags, none of the windows has focus, and I
have to wave my mouse around to focus one of them (even if the mouse is
already over the window).

        This new behavior doesn't appear to be mentioned in the changelog.
Is this an intended change?  Is there a way to work around it in rc.lua?

I just stared for 10 minutes at the commits between 3.4.11 and 3.4.12. None of them pleads guilty.

Can you build awesome yourself? In that case you could do a git bisect for this issue. Also, please show us your rc.lua (or is there someone out there who uses 3.4.12 already and has the same issue?).

Uli