Am 08.06.2012 10:45, schrieb David Liffmann:
Hi,

I'm pretty sure all that's happening is that you're changing the
layout and ending up on the floating layout? The default keys (I
think) for that are Mod-. and Mod-,
No, that is not what is happening to me. Changing the layout doesn't
change the windows behaviors when the situation happens.
Then I am not able to move the windows with the mouse, which is
something I should be able to when a floating layout is active.

David

What about debugging this? I'm not familiar with core-debugging of awesome (only the lua stuff), but there should be something failing. Maybe a look in ~/.xsession-errors would suffice, but as a last attempt to find the bug, gdb might be an option.

Thorsten