2012/6/22 Rainer M Krug <r.m.k...@gmail.com>:
> This is no big deal, but annoying. Any suggestions what is going on?

I was facing the same problem and my suspection is that there is some
kind of race condition with the default command 'awsetbg'.
In my case it was happening when using 2 or 3 display configuration -
maybe setting wallpaper with a big resolution took too much time or
something...

Anyway, my workaround was to change the theme setting command in
theme.lua from 'awsetbg' to that 'feh --bg-scale'.
Not a perfect solution, but it was so uninmportant that I've decided
not to investigate further.

HTH,
Paweł