❦ 29 juillet 2012 13:29 CEST, wojtek danilo <wojtek.danilo....@gmail.com> :

> yes of course :)
> Sorry for my late answer but I'm cleaning right now my dotfiles. Awesome
> config is added temporarly to top folder of these dotfiles:
> https://github.com/wdanilo/dotfiles

I have just tried your configuration and I don't get the error you
get. However, I have noticed that it does not work correctly with
xterm. I have pushed a fix for this:
 https://awesome.naquadah.org/wiki/Drop-down_terminal#Another_solution

https://github.com/vincentbernat/awesome-configuration/commit/4a92816897ae4b343535c4dc3964da111f1d986c

You may want to specify your terminal:

#v+
quakeconsole[s] = quake({ terminal = terminal,
                          height = 0.3,
                          screen = s })
#v-

I have bound the console by adding the following keybinding:

#v+
awful.key({ modkey }, "q", function () quakeconsole[mouse.screen]:toggle() end),
#v-
--
Make sure every module hides something.