Hi,

On 15.10.2012 18:07, Marco wrote:
> Hi everybody,
[...]
> What I've tried so far
> ======================
>
> When I connect the second screen awesome  restarts and I have a strange setup.
> The external screen is  placed at the right of my  laptop monitor and entirely
> black. However, when I  leave the laptop monitor at the  right edge, the mouse
> cursor is displayed on  the external monitor.

Can you move the mouse cursor between screens? Just move the cursor to the edge
of the screen and beyond.

> But I cannot  do anything. I can
> not move  any window to  this screen

How are you trying to move windows between screens?

> and there is  no awesome wibox  with the
> tags. It seems like awesome is not “running” on this screen.

Are you running the default config?

[...]
[From another mail:]

>> What do you get with this?
>>  echo 'return screen.count()' | awesome-client
>
>    double 2

Could you also try this:

$ echo 'r="" ; for s=1, screen.count() do g = screen[s].geometry ; r = r..
g.x.."x"..g.y..", "..g.width.."x"..g.height.."\n" ; end ; return r' |
awesome-client

And also:

$ xrandr

(I want to see if they show the same information)

Uli
--
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of
 people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."