Uli Schlachter wrote:
> On 14.10.2012 16:12, Alexander Yakushev wrote:
> [...]
>> In order to start writing real titlebar widgets first we should decide
>> what for people want titlebars in first place. Minimize/maximize/close
>> buttons? Moving/resizing windows by titlebar? Something else, more
>> tiling related? This is a question to those who want titlebars in Awesome.
>
> Ping? No one wants titlebars? Or do you just want empty titlebars? That'd be
> easy to implement...

        Well, my main use for titlebars is as a visual indicator of the
status of the window. I.e:
- Is the window active? (different titlebar color for active and
inactive window)
- Is the window maximized? (icon)
- Is the window floating? (icon)
- Is the window sticky? (icon)
- ...

        The icons could be buttons instead of simply indicators, but my
main use for them is the feedback they provide.

        Of course if they could be completely customizable, so much the
better. But that would probably be a lot more complicated to
implement...

                Jerome
--
mailto:jeber...@free.fr