Hi Andre,
> Did you ran a xprop on a started window?
I created a rule = { class = "pcmanfm" } and created a function called
via callback which reports (via naughty.notify) certain attributes of
the client started. This gave me the hint for this, because when I *see*
the client, its name is the folder's name, but because the rule
mentioned shows otherwise (just for the first pcmanfm-window started,
further ones don't result in a new process, as I found out) I assume
that the client has already passed the rule when I can see it (then the
name of the client is changed to the folder's name). This is supported
by the fact that a rule aiming at the name of the client works
charmingly with the second window started the same way but not the first
one.

You are right, the client is started via script, in fact a simple "cd
folder; pcmanfm&", nothing spechial. But the idea of starting pcmanfm
with a certain name  was a good one, far more elegant than my actual
variant with the signal handling. There is indeed a cli argument for
pcmanfm to do this. Saved 14 lines of code, thanks for the idea!

Just one rule now.

Cheers,
Manuel