I'm not sure but suppose that community should test compatibility
Awesome and XMir to get answer. For example, Xubuntu users  decided
that Xubuntu 13.10 will not have Mir installed by default.
http://open.knome.fi/2013/08/22/xubuntu-team-no-mir-for-13-10/

I run Awesome with Ubuntu 13.10 Final Beta and XMir loaded. At first
sight there are no any issues.