To make things clear I am referring to the tasklist widget and not taskbar.
From: n6...@hotmail.com
To: awesome@naquadah.org
Subject: Customizing taskbar names/labels
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2014 15:07:43 +0100

Hey,

I am having problems customizing my taskbar widget the way I want. Currently my
task labels changes depending on what's going on inside the application.
Take Firefox for example, depending on the site it shows up as "random site
information... - Mozilla Firefox".
I would like it to just simply show up as "Mozilla Firefox" regardless of what
is currently going on.
Another one is urxvt which I would like to always show up as "urxvt" instead of
"username@hostname:~....".

What is a good way to accomplice constant names like this?