On 04/10/2014 02:30 AM, Elv1313 . wrote:
> Gio has something built in for icon lookup, I am not sure if it is for
> .desktop only or it also work with such requests. I am not sure if we
> could use it instead of this. Maybe crafting a fake .desktop?

That would be great. Anything that reads index.theme files properly
would be better than this I think, Not a fan of nested for loops
personally..

I found the following , maybe one will help us?

Icons

    GIcon — Interface for icons
    GFileIcon — Icons pointing to an image file
    GBytesIcon — An icon stored in memory as a GBytes
    GLoadableIcon — Loadable Icons
    GThemedIcon — Icon theming support
    GEmblemedIcon — Icon with emblems
    GEmblem — An object for emblems