Hi

I am new to Awesome - giving it a go to see if it can improve my working desktop. I can see it is going to take some effort but it looks like it might be rewarding.

I am looking to start a bunch of windows that ssh into each of my PCs for system admin. I wrote a simple lua function using awful.util.spawn_with_shell and then thought I could just call the function from a menu entry. Nothing happened. I then read further into awful.menu and found that it expected a string, presumably to execute itself. So is there no way to execute a bit of lua from a menu? If not, is there any other way to execute lua script on demand?

Thanks,
Robert