Hi,
I try to use awesome 3.5 as the window manager of KDE. I reached a state where
I am quite satisfied but there is still huge room for improvements.

For examples, the widgets for the KDE control bar do offer a lot of
functionality I do not want to miss. The battery widget offers a shortcut to
set up some basic energy settings. The clock offers a shortcut to a calendar.
Same for other plugins.

I'd like to integrate them into the systray of awesome. I know that this is
per se possible, since the icon of ownCloud appeared there fully functioning
after installing. The goal is to get rid of the KDE control bar or at least to
reduce the need of it drastically.

Can anyone give me some useful hints?

sincerely,
Max Görner